Monday, October 02, 2006

My story

About eight years ago I set out to write my autobiography. Three years later I published a 250 page illustrated book - the title of the book, "Boots & Bibles". As a pastor of small country churches I was sure that notoriety would not follow me for the rest of my life. However I felt that in order to preserve the accounts of my life, which in many ways are similar to pastoral ministry regardless of the size of the community lived in, I needed to put my story into print. It was by far my greatest writing challenge. I believed that the stories would be interesting enough to hold the attention of the reader. I have been assured that that has been so. I am very grateful. "Boots and Bibles" is an easy read written with a touch of humor, romance, poetry and pictures.

I should say that I come from a very large family --I am the youngest of 16. That could be my second book. Let me see...I could call it
Family Planning -- Lots!
or Ten, and a half dozen
or Sweaty socks in the soup and other homestead humor
By the way if anyone reading this and can identify with a large family (10 plus) I would be interested in hearing from you. email me waltreimer@shaw.ca
God has been and is very good to us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home