Sunday, August 13, 2006

Maxims

Summer time finds me most mornings on the golf course - early. I prefer to play with someone, but not everyone is willing to tee off at 6:00 a.m. This morning we will be attending a worship service at our home church. I must remind myself that alphabetically God comes before Golf. That must be true when we take that out of it's alphabetical setting.

Max Lucado, a favorite author, writes in his book entitled "When God calls your name," a chapter about maxims. The word ''maxim" is defined as a brief statement of a general principle; truth or rule of conduct. Lacardo says: "I believe in brevity. Cut the fat and keep the fact. Give us words to chew on not words to wade through. Thoughts that spark, not lines that drag. More periods. Fewer commas."

Here are a few lines of wisdom from the book.
"Greed I've often regretted, Generosity - never."
"Pursue forgiveness, not innocence"
"Don't as God to do what you want. Ask God to do what is right."
"Know answered prayer when you see it, and don't give up when you don't"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home