Sunday, July 02, 2006

G-0-L-F

The game of golf is not everybody's cup of tee. Some would call it downright silly, pointless; chasing a little white (color optional) ball all over a grassy field. Personally, the game had always intrigued me, but I never swung a golf club until I was in my late 40's. You might say that I was in my mid-life crisis. Since then I have learned a few valuable lessons.

Golf is a healthy sport that one can pursue longer than most sports. The game provides opportunities for developing new friendships, which leads to conversations among fellow golfers, which are totally boring to non-golfers. It brings out the human tendancy to stretch the truth - in this case shrink the truth - swing the club five time, yell fore and write three on your score card. There are endless excuses most golfers have in their vocabulary, for example: "It didn't break", "I pulled (pushed) it", "It's a fast green." This, however is not to be taken too seriously. The quicker you go in the hole the more succesfull you will be."
I love to golf with my neighbor, Dave and I love to golf with my sons, Dale and Kerry and my sons-in-law Mike and David. Yesterday I golfed with my neighbor AND my boys. Life doesn't get much better. Appendix: I have lived with Parkinson's disease for over 10 years. Things we take for granted become huge accomplishments in life. My ambition is to share some of my experiences with readers of my blog and if somehow they sound familiar I welcome your comments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home