Tuesday, July 04, 2006

eagleeye

I wouldn't call myself a bird watcher, I just watch birds. From the smallest song bird to the great preditors of the sky, birds each in their own unique habitat are such clear evidence of a Creator. So call me a bird watcher. More specifically an eager eagle observer. On the back steps of our home I have the binnoculars mounted on a make shift tripod and focused on an Eagle's nest with a family of Mom & Dad and to babies. They are probably looking at me without binnoculars. For several weeks now I have observed their daily routine, which is actually quite boring at times as they sit in or on the edge of their nest for hours. They are finally learning the use of their wings and flying several feet off their nest. Since I can't talk eagle dialect I can only wonder. Are they afraid of height at first? Does the mother worry about her babies safety? Will they survive on their own? Of course the Eagle will survive - he is the monarch of the sky. I will update my observation in the days ahead.

The prophet Isaiah wrote about the weariness of human life. Then he gave the analogy of an eagle soaring as it takes flight far above the landscape, in a figure of speach to talk about God's buoyant strength over life's struggles. Check it out Isaiah 40:28-31.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home