Wednesday, June 21, 2006

A new day

Hi everyone who reads this.

I'm an early riser - like 5 :00 a.m. and if you like doing nothing you have a long day to do nothing. Not so. I have a lot to do, but I take time to enjoy the morning. We live on a beautiful lake in the Okanagan Valley near the end of the road. With the lake on one side and a pasture field on the other and no vehicular traffic roaring by, we feel rich, though our bank account might only buy a square meter of land by today's prices. This morning the sunrise was like liquid gold spilling onto the hillsides and flooding the valley. Eagerly the young calves in the pasture are sucking their mothers milk while others are lying peacefully. Meanwhile the geese in the lake chortle as they bring their young ones into line. This is a new day and tomorrow will be too.

From time to time I will share some of my journeling, which I have done in the past few years. I call it Morning is for the birds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home